We are at the twilight of the season in fantasy football. With playoffs starting this week in most leagues, fantasy football is at its height. Instead of compiling a list of many players at each position, I am compiling a list of the top 5 players to pick up if available in your league. Most notable players are taken up by now so it is important to try and find a hidden gem in case you need extra help in the playoffs.
- Alfred Morris, RB, Dallas Cowboys (6.3% owned) – Morris is obviously not the lead back in Dallas this year. With the league’s leading rusher looking to continue his great run of form, Morris might have a hard time coming by carries. So why is he on this list? Because the Cowboys are two games from locking up the number one seed in the playoffs which means that they may start to rest players for later in the season. Morris would be the key beneficiary of that resting and could really help teams in need of a boost at RB in the coming weeks.
- Rex Burkhead, RB, Cincinnati Bengals (0.1% owned) – Burkhead is competing with Hill for touches in Cincinnati and will continue to do so going forward. The Bengals need more from their feature back Hill, and with Burkhead waiting in the wings and playing well, it’s only a matter of time before he gets his true opportunity.
- Malcom Mitchell, WR, New England Patriots (7.3% owned) – Mitchell has been one of the beneficiaries of the Gronkowski injury and will continue to be going forward. This rookie looks to develop into one of Tom Brady’s favorite targets. Look out for this guy as he becomes a household name in a year or two. Grab him if you need help at WR.
- Vernon Davis, TE, Washington Redskins (16.2% owned) – Target Davis if you need help at TE. With a position that is hard to find consistency at, Davis provides that consistency as he has made up for the loss of Jordan Reed in Washington. Davis has had a career resurgence with the Redskins and continues to improve as the season goes on. If he is available and you need help, grab him up.
- Ladarius Green, TE, Pittsburgh Steelers (16%) – And our most intriguing add of the week goes to Ladarius Green who has been an impact player ever since his return from injury. If you watched any of the Giants-Steelers game this past week, then you should know who Green is. He had 110 yards and a touchdown in that game showing just how much of a weapon he is in that offense. He will be a must add in the future and someone I am going to target in my fantasy draft next year as a sleeper pick. Grab him like yesterday if you need help at this position.