Howdy All Sports Talk fans, Jason here from GameJunkster a game news, reviews and previews site to give you NBA fans something to talk about. That being the upcoming release of a re-mastered version of everyone’s favorite basketball game NBA Jam. Aaron has asked me to come over and talk a little bit about it and to wet all your whistles with some of the big names announced on the rosters.
NBA Jam is scheduled to be released as an add-on to NBA Elite for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Wii owners will get the chance to buy the game on its own. I myself am hoping that PS3 and XBLA come to their senses and allow us to download it without having to buy NBA Elite. NBA Elite will be dropping on October 5th.
A little bit about how the roster was created from ESPN writer Marc Stein:
- Majority of the teams will have three current players and at least one legend.
- Nine teams have been granted a fourth active player when voting too close to call.
- Some teams do not have a legend on the roster, either because of contractual restrictions or due to the team’s relative lack of history.
- Another factor with the legends selection: Players who appeared in the original arcade version in 1993 were preferred.
- There may be the standard array of hidden players that will have to be unlocked.
Now I know what you are all waiting for and that is the infamous rosters so without further interruption.
- Players: Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen
- Legends: Larry Bird and Kevin McHale
- Players: Derrick Rose, Luol Deng, Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer
- Legends: Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman
- Players: Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh
- Legends: Glen Rice and Rony Seikaly
- Players: Al Harrington, Danilo Gallinari and Amare Stoudemire
- Legends: Patrick Ewing, Larry Johnson and John Starks
- Players: Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Kidd and Caron Butler
- Mascot: Mavs Man
- Players: Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Ron Artest and Lamar Odom
- Legends: Magic Johnson and James Worthy
- Players: Steve Nash, Grant Hill and Jason Richardson
- Legends: Dan Majerle and Kevin Johnson
- Players: Deron Williams, Andrei Kirilenko and Mehmet Okur
- Legends: Karl Malone and John Stockton
There you have it, I myself was a bit disappointed to not see Barkley or even finally getting the chance to play as Michael Jordon but I digress it should still be killer.
Keep a look out on this site and on GameJunkster for up-to-date information regarding NBA Jam and any other sports related video games.