1. New England Patriots (3-0) – The Patriots looked too good not to give them the top spot on the power rankings this week. With an emphatic 27-0 win against the Texans, this Patriots team does not look likely to slow down.
2. Denver Broncos (3-0) – The Broncos moving down a spot has nothing to do with the Broncos not being good enough, the Patriots just look better. Broncos defense continues to play well and watch out, Trevor Siemian is starting to get in a groove on offense.
3. Minnesota Vikings (3-0) – Vikings looked powerful and like true contenders this week as they raided the Panthers Stadium and stole a rare win in Carolina. Bradford has given this team the hope it needs to continue to impress. That defense is playing amazing as well.
4. Philadelphia Eagles (3-0) – The Eagles made a big jump in the power rankings after dismantling a very talented Steelers team in route to a huge blowout win in Philly. With the defense playing amazing and Wentz playing like a seasoned Vet, the Eagles look like the team to beat in the NFC East.
5. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1) – Steelers took a beating this past week in Philadelphia. With LeVeon Bell returning this week, the Steelers look to bounce back strong. Don’t count this team out yet, let’s give credit to the Eagles for playing like it was the Super bowl, and I bet that the Steelers will prove that was a onetime fluke.
6. Carolina Panthers (1-2) – Carolina is the best 1-2 team in football. They played hard at home against a good Vikings team and came up short. Cam Newton and company are too talented not to succeed this season and we will see them bounce back strong.
7. Dallas Cowboys (2-1) – The Cowboys make a huge jump into the top ten this week after an impressive win over the Bears. I am always scared to overrate my team, but they have looked impressive and are one Dez Bryant TD catch (overturned) away from being 3-0 behind rookie quarterback Dak Prescott. This team might surprise some people this year.
8. Seattle Seahawks (2-1) – Another win for the Seahawks, and they finally looked like the vintage Seahawks who put up huge numbers on offense and stifle the other team on defense. With a scare to Russell Wilson in this game, the Seahawks will continue to play conservatively, but will always be a strong opponent because of the power of that defense.
9. Green Bay Packers (2-1) – Go Pack Go! The Packers were dominant and impressive in their second win of the season which saw Aaron Rodgers toss four touchdowns…in the first half! The Packers might be getting their stuff together and will always be a contender with one of the elite passers in the game behind center.
10. Cincinnati Bengals (1-2) – The Bengals have had a truly rough schedule and could have just as easily been 0-3 or 3-0. This talented team will bounce back strong and push for the wild card spot behind the Steelers this season. Don’t count out this defense or the Dalton to Green connection through the air.
11. Kansas City Chiefs (2-1) – The Chiefs made a statement win this week as they dominated the Jets in Kansas City. This was a huge game for them as they looked poor the week before in Houston. Look for this team to continue to get better with Jamaal Charles set to return soon.
12. New York Giants (2-1) – The Giants were held this past week by a depleted and struggling Redskins team out for blood. The Rematch of OBJ and Norman lived up to the hype and the Giants were edged out in this one. This team has a receiving core for the ages and will be strong contenders out of the NFC East.
13. Houston Texans (2-1) – An embarrassing loss on Thursday night football has everyone pumping the breaks on expectations from this Texans team. Yes they are talented, but they need to perform against the big teams in this league in order to be true contenders. Expect them to bounce back, but 27-0 is just bad no matter who you are.
14. Oakland Raiders (2-1) – Another win for the Raiders this week as they edged out a close one over the Titans in Tennessee. Carr is looking more and more comfortable back in the pocket and finding his receivers. Look for this young and talented team to continue to grow and push for an outside chance at the wild card spot.
15. Baltimore Ravens (3-0) – The worst undefeated team in football. I have little respect for what the Ravens have done so far this year, but a win is a win and the Ravens have three. They have got it done in three straight close games and will look to continue to build on their successes this season.
16. Los Angeles Rams (2-1) – After the first game I was thinking top 5 pick no doubt in my mind, but the past two wins have been impressive and over good opposition. The Rams took it to the Seahawks at home and to the Buccaneers in Tampa for two straight wins. Look for the Rams offense to continue to gel and grow as a unit and they look like they might do something in that weaker than normal NFC West division.
17. Atlanta Falcons (2-1) – Matt Ryan is on FIRE. He has torched defenses this season so far and continues a great run of form. The Falcons look great offensively and look to continue to build off of their stellar performance in New Orleans this past Monday Night.
18. Buffalo Bills (1-2) – Okay Bills, Okay Rex, I see you. The Bills bounced back this week with a statement win over the Cardinals that no one saw coming. They completely shut down and blew out this talented Cardinals team in route to a big victory for them to get out of the winless column. The Bills face a stiff test this week in the Patriots, but you never know what they could do after this past week.
19. Arizona Cardinals (1-2) – The Cardinals are 1-2, one great win and two terrible losses. This team must get things together and push for consistency as they try to improve this season. This team as a whole is made up of superstars and has no business losing those two games. Look for the Cardinals to gain some motivation from this loss and come out strong in week 4.
20. Detroit Lions (1-2) – The Lions faced a tough Packers team and looked like they might actually win going into the game based on the play of Stafford, but the Rodgers was FIRE in this game and completely dismantled this Lion defense. Stafford is developing into a great quarterback and has the talent at receiver to do something good this season. The Lions won’t spend too much time in the bottom half of the league.
21. Washington Redskins (1-2) – The Skins got a statement win this past week in New York against a good Giants team. Cousins finally looked like the quarterback that led this team a year ago, and while he is still off his great form from last season, he is playing well enough to get wins and that’s the most important stat to have.
22. Tennessee Titans (1-2) – The Titans look much improved from last year’s team. They have one of the best rushing attacks in the league and are unfortunate to have gotten two losses out of these games. Last week’s game was up for grabs on numerous occasions but they just could not get it together and their youth showed against Oakland. This team might have an outside shot at their division.
23. San Diego Chargers (1-2) – This Chargers team can’t catch a break, and I’m LOVING it! They have lost a couple of nail biters to the Chiefs and Colts. They look improved from last year but still are lacking that game finishing ability from their players. The Keenan Allen loss was felt much more this week, unfortunately for them, their division is as good as ever this year.
24. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-2) – The “Builders” were on the wrong end of another spanking this week, this time by the LA Rams. This Buc’s team is talented yes, but they need to keep control of the ball and not let teams steam roll them. Winston has looked poor in his last two outtings casting doubt on his sophomore “coming out” campaign as an elite passer.
25. New York Jets (1-2) – 3 points, really? The Jets were humbled this week in Kansas City as Fitzpatrick threw 6 interceptions in an embarrassing loss. This Jets team is extremely talented on defense and you can now see how that contract lock-out with Fitzpatrick is affecting this offense to start the season. They will get better as the season goes on, but hopefully not before it’s too late.
26. San Francisco 49ers (1-2) – The 49ers looked good in week one against the Rams, but since have been forgotten behind two losses by blowout to the Seahawks and Panthers. The Niners just do not have the offensive talent to do anything special this year and will continue to slide. A classic matchup with Dallas this week would be a great opportunity to bounce back.
27. Indianapolis Colts (1-2) – The Colts got their first win of the season, and it was on the arm of their franchise QB Andrew Luck. Luck is simply special and has dominated in his games this season. Any time he is on the field, you cannot count the Colts out of the game. They got a good win to get out of the winless column and will look to improve upon that moving forward.
28. Miami Dolphins (1-2) – Probably the most disappointing team so far this season. They have an underperforming defense (that’s generous of me) and a nonexistent offense (again, generous) as they were lucky to get past a terrible Browns team last week. I don’t know what is going on in Miami, but they better fix it and FAST.
29. New Orleans Saints (0-3) – The Saints lost another game and go down to 0-3 for the season. The offense looks good, but the defense is letting opposing teams outscore Drew Brees and company. Hopefully things turn around soon for this franchise, but it doesn’t look good right now.
30. Cleveland Browns (0-3) – I will give the Browns credit for their effort in the past two weeks. I have said the past two games would be blow outs and they have kept it close, they continue to drop like flies to injury and yet still hang in there in games. Whatever they are drinking in Cleveland, more teams need to have some of that. Hue Jackson should be proud of what he is doing there, and hopefully it can produce a win soon.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (0-3) – This week I finally gave up on the Jaguars and they proved me right with another loss, this time to the LA Rams. The Jag’s have been very unimpressive, that highly touted offense behind the arm of Blake Bortles has sputtered to a halt this season. They have yet to get things going in Jacksonville, and they better get it going quick or else they risk a total failure of a season.
32. Chicago Bears (0-3) The Bears looked terrible against the Cowboys on Sunday Night Football. You can’t really blame them because of the injuries that have plagued this team. They have talent to at least win a couple of games, but this might be the season to take the hit and get a high pick to restart this franchise.