Following a pretty intense week 8, the NFL named its weekly award winners.
American Football Conference (AFC)
- Tom Brady, quarterback for the New England Patriots, has been named the AFC Offensive Player of week 8.
- Brady set himself apart from the rest of the AFC offensive players with 356 passing yards and four touchdowns against the Miami Dolphins.
- Derek Wolfe, defensive end for the Denver Broncos, has been named the AFC Defensive Player of week 8.
- Wolfe had a strong performance against the Green Bay Packers, recording seven tackles including one for a loss.
- Justin Tucker, kicker for the Baltimore Ravens, has been named the AFC Special Teams Player of week 8.
- Tucker made five field goals, including a 39 yard game winner in last week’s game against the San Diego Chargers.
National Football Conference (NFC)
- Drew Brees, quarterback for the New Orleans Saints, has been named the NFC Offensive Player of week 8.
- Brees threw for over 500 yards and seven touchdowns, needing every single one in the team’s victory over the New York Giants.
- Kwon Alexander, linebacker for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, has been named the NFC Defensive Player of week 8.
- Alexander forced two turnovers including an interception and a forced fumble along with a team-high 11 tackles against the Atlanta Falcons
- Marcus Sherels, punt returner for the Minnesota Vikings, has been named the NFC Special Teams Player of week 8.
- Sherels averaged 25.7 punt return yards, highlighted by his 65 yard return for a touchdown against the Chicago Bears