#12 Florida @ Miami: In a huge upset, Miami knocked off the Gators 21-16 giving the ACC yet another big win over an SEC school for the second time in two weeks. The Gators defense gave up two touchdown passes to Miami quarterback Stephen Morris but the bigger issue for the Gators remains their offense. Florida had five turnovers, three of them coming from their quarterback Jeff Driskel.
#11 Georgia vs. #6 South Carolina: SEC Game of the Week! The Dogs outlasted the Gamecocks 41-30 in a back and forth game to the end. Bulldogs Quarterback Aaron Murray answered his critics by winning a big game and tossing for 309 yards and 4 touchdowns in the process. Georgia Running Back Todd Gurley had another stellar game with 134 rushing yards and two touchdowns.
Kentucky vs. Miami (OH): UK wins 41-7. Quarterback Maxwell Smith throws for 310 yards and three touchdowns.
Missouri vs. Toledo: Missouri holds on to win 38-23. Quarterback James Franklin made the difference coming up with the big play when needed.
Tennessee vs. W. Kentucky: The Vols force 7 turnovers in route to a 52-20 victory over the Hilltoppers. After knocking off an SEC team last week, former SEC coach Bobby Petrino could not pull off a second consecutive win.
Vanderbilt vs. Austin Peay: Vandy wins 38-3. Wide Receiver Jordan Matthews shows out again with 6 catches, 111 yards, and 1 touchdown.
Arkansas vs. Samford (in Little Rock, AK): After trailing in the third quarter, Arkansas rallied back to beat the Bulldogs 31-21. The Hogs had 333 total yards on the ground as running backs Alex Collins (172 yards) and Jonathan Williams (126 yards) carried the day.
Auburn vs. Arkansas St.: Auburn Coach Gus Malzahn triumphs over the team he coached last year 38-9. The stats show a much closer game but Auburn maintained control throughout the entirety of the game.
#9 LSU vs. UAB: LSU rolls 56-17. LSU Quarterback Zach Mettenberger throws 3 touchdown passes to wide receiver Odell Beckham and 2 touchdown passes to wide receiver Jarvis Landry.
Mississippi St. vs. Alcorn St.: 51-7 bounce back victory for the Bulldogs. The game was essentially over at halftime as Mississippi State was already ahead 37-0.
Ole Miss vs. SE Missouri: The Rebels move to 2-0 after defeating the FCS member school 31-13. Rebels running back Barry Brunetti scattered for 111 yards and a touchdown.
#7 Texas A&M vs. Sam Houston St.: Manziel passes for 403 yards and 3 touchdowns as the Aggies wallop Sam Houston St. 65-28.
SEC Power Poll (Week 2)
- Texas A&M (2-0) – Less trash talk from Manziel, same results.
- Alabama (1-0) – Off week gives Tide time to prepare for Manziel and work out o-line issues
- LSU (2-0) – Has LSU become a passing team?
- Georgia (1-1, 1-0) – Bounce back win for the Dawgs puts them in position to win the East again.
- South Carolina (1-1, 0-1) – Young defense can only get better from here. Clowney’s frustrated.
- Ole Miss (2-0, 1-0) – Momentum continues to build in Oxford with young class!
- Florida (1-1) – Gators win on the stat sheet but lose on the scoreboard.
- Vanderbilt (1-1, 0-1) – Receiver Jordan Matthews is a gamer.
- Missouri (2-0) – Qb Franklin making plays when it counts.
- Mississippi St. (1-1) – Qb Russell sits out game after first week concussion.
- Tennessee (2-0) – Big game coming up vs. #2 Oregon
- Arkansas (2-0) – Still looks similar to Wisconsin.
- Auburn (2-0) – Malzahn is happy he left Arkansas St. after beating them.
- Kentucky (1-1) – Enjoy the win.
- All I want for Christmas is a College Football Coach - November 30, 2015
- Let’s Go Racing! - February 23, 2014
- ACC Basketball Mid-Season Report Cards - February 8, 2014