Florida vs. #2 Florida St.: The Seminoles keep their record unblemished by pummeling the Gators 37-7 in the Swamp. Florida only managed 193 total yards and turned the ball over twice. Seminole QB Jameis Winston threw for 327 yards and 3 TD’s.
Georgia @ Georgia Tech: Dawgs RB Todd Gurley’s 25 yard run in the second overtime gave Georgia a 41-34 victory over their in-state rival. Gurley ran for 122 yards and 3 TD’s on the day while Bulldog Senior WR Chris Conley caught 7 passes for 129 yards.
Kentucky vs. Tennessee: Vols win 27-14 behind the strong legs of Senior RB Rajion Neal’s 134 rushing yards and 1 TD. Wildcat RB Dyshawn Mobley ran for 143 yards in the loss.
#5 Missouri vs. #21 Texas A&M: Tiger RB Henry Josey’s 57 yard run with 3:34 left in the game gave Mizzou a 28-21 victory over the Aggies. The Tigers defense limited Aggie star QB Johnny Manziel to 195 passing yards and 1 TD.
#10 South Carolina vs. #6 Clemson: The Gamecocks beat Clemson for the 5th straight season. This time, USC won 31-17 as QB Connor Shaw finished his stellar career with a 17-0 home record. The win prompted USC Coach Steve Spurrier to state that Connor was the best Gamecock QB in school history. Clemson turned the ball over 6 times and saw their own QB Tajh Boyd sacked 5 times.
Vanderbilt vs. Wake Forest: Vandy K Carey Spear booted a 38 yard field go with 39 seconds left on the clock to lift the Commodores to a 23-21 victory over the Demon Deacons. Vandy WR Jordan Matthews caught 11 passes for 125 yards making him the conference’s first receiver to top 100 receptions in one season.
#1 Alabama @ #4 Auburn: SEC Game of the Year! For the second straight game, Auburn pulled off a miraculous game winning finish to beat Alabama 34-28. This time, Tiger CB Chris Davis returned a missed 57 yard field goal attempt by Bama 109 yards as time expired. The game will go down as quite possibly the greatest finish in college football history due to the fact that so much was at stake for both teams. Tiger RB Tre Mason ran for 164 yards and 1 TD. Crimson Tide WR Amari Cooper had 178 receiving yards, including a 99 yard TD reception that put Bama up 28-21 with 10:28 to go in the 4th quarter.
Arkansas @ #17 LSU: The Tigers won the golden boot trophy thanks to backup QB Anthony Jennings game winning 99 yard drive. The freshman threw a 49 yard pass to wide-out Travin Dural with 1:15 remaining to seal the deal at 31-27. Tiger RB Jeremy Hill collected 149 rushing yards and 1 TD.
Mississippi St. vs. Ole Miss: The Egg Bowl went back and forth but Mississippi St. behind QB Dak Prescott’s 3 yard TD run found a way to win the game 17-10 in OT. Rebels QB Bo Wallace threw 3 INT’s in the loss.
SEC Power Poll (Week 14)
1. Auburn (11-1, 7-1) – a team of destiny?
2. Missouri (11-1, 7-1) – beat another Top 25 team.
3. Alabama (11-1, 7-1) – Saban is human.
4. South Carolina (10-2, 6-2) – Connor will be missed.
5. LSU (9-3, 5-3) – impressive display from the frosh.
6. Georgia (8-4, 5-3) – that’s five straight against the yellow jackets.
7. Texas A&M (8-4, 4-4) – Is Manziel’s thumb hurt?
8. Vanderbilt (8-4, 4-4) – also won 8 regular season games last year.
9. Mississippi St. (6-6, 3-5) – winning the Egg Bowl made the Bulldogs bowl elgible.
10. Ole Miss (7-5, 3-5) – bad day for Bo.
11. Florida (4-8, 3-5) – worst season since 1979.
12. Tennessee (5-7, 2-6) – broke a four game skid.
13. Arkansas (3-9, 0-8) – first winless record in the conference since 1992.
14. Kentucky (2-10, 0-8) – were also winless in the conference last season.
- All I want for Christmas is a College Football Coach - November 30, 2015
- Let’s Go Racing! - February 23, 2014
- ACC Basketball Mid-Season Report Cards - February 8, 2014