Florida vs. Georgia Southern: The Golden Eagles stun the Gators in the Swamp 26-20 giving Florida their first ever loss to a bowl subdivision team. Florida could not stop the Eagles rushing attack as Georgia Southern piled up 429 yards on the ground using their triple option attack.
Georgia vs. Kentucky: The Dawgs blow out the Wildcats 59-17 on Senior Night. Unfortunately, Bulldogs Senior QB Aaron Murray left the game with a torn ACL and is out for the season, but not before throwing 4 TD passes in the 1st half. Dogs RB Todd Gurley looked more like a receiver in this game catching for near 100 yards and 2 TD scores.
#8 Missouri @ #24 Ole Miss: Tigers QB James Franklin returns as starter to help lead Missouri over the Rebels 24-10. Missouri found its success on the ground accumulating 260 yards and 3 TD’s. Ole Miss, on the other hand, found its way into the red zone three times but left with only 3 points. Rebels WR Donte Moncrief caught 6 passes for 115 yards.
#11 South Carolina vs. Coastal Carolina: The Gamecocks beat down the Chanticleers 70-10 in Columbia. USC RB Jamari Smith ran for 103 yards and a score. Gamecock RB Mike Davis and DE Jadeveon Clowney rested in anticipation of next week’s rival game with Clemson.
Tennessee vs. Vanderbilt: SEC Game of the Week! Vandy QB Patton Robinette scored the go ahead TD on a 5 yard run giving the Commodores a 14-10 win in Knoxville. Commodores WR Jordan Matthews added 13 receptions for 133 yards in the win.
#1 Alabama vs. Chatanooga: The Tide pitch another shutout, this time blanking the Moccasins 49-0. Senior QB AJ McCarron became the Tide’s all time winningest quarterback breaking a tie with former QB great Jay Barker. This was Alabama’s third shutout of the season.
Arkansas vs. Mississippi St.: The Bulldogs eke out an OT win in Little Rock 24-17. Freshman QB Damian Williams scored the game winner on the first play of OT running for a 25 yard score. Bulldogs RB Josh Robinson also ran for 101 yards.
#22 LSU vs. #12 Texas A&M: The Tigers trounce the Aggies 34-10. Aggies QB Johnny Manziel put in one of his worst performances as a college athlete all but ruining his shot at winning a second consecutive Heisman Trophy. Tigers RB Terrence Magee collected 149 rushing yards and 1 TD run on the night. Aggies WR Derel Walker had 130 receiving yards and 1 TD catch in the loss.
SEC Power Poll (Week 13)
1. Alabama (11-0, 7-0) – the train keeps moving forward.
2. Auburn (10-1, 6-1) – will the off week help?
3. Missouri (10-1, 6-1) – still has to contend with the Heisman Trophy winner.
4. LSU (8-3, 4-3) – young defense stepped up to the Manziel challenge.
5. South Carolina (9-2, 6-2) – in the passenger seat and hoping for a MZ loss.
6. Texas A&M (8-3, 4-3) – LSU played big man football.
7. Georgia (7-4, 5-3) – a whole different team with a healthy Gurley.
8. Vanderbilt (7-4, 4-4) – hasn’t beaten TN two straight seasons since 1926.
9. Ole Miss (7-4, 3-4) – young team will learn it has to score in the red zone.
10. Mississippi St. (5-6, 2-5) – a good road win helps morale.
11. Florida (4-7, 3-5) – can’t believe what my eyes just saw.
12. Tennessee (4-7, 1-6) – hasn’t had 4 straight losing seasons since 1906.
13. Arkansas (3-8, 0-7) – on an 8 game skid.
14. Kentucky (2-9, 0-7) – caught Georgia on the wrong night.
- All I want for Christmas is a College Football Coach - November 30, 2015
- Let’s Go Racing! - February 23, 2014
- ACC Basketball Mid-Season Report Cards - February 8, 2014