Florida @ #10 South Carolina: USC Kicker Elliot Fry kicked 4 field goals to help the Gamecocks beat rival Florida 19-14. Florida tried a new QB in Skyler Mornhinweg who ended the day 10 of 13 for 107 yards and an INT. USC sophomore RB Shon Carson ran for 102 yards. With the win, USC hopes it will win out and hopes Missouri will lose two SEC games so they can clinch the East title this season.
#25 Georgia @ #7 Auburn: SEC Game of the Week! Down 37-17 in the 4th quarter, the Dogs storm back to take the lead 38-37 behind QB Aaron Murray’s courageous 5 yard run. Auburn seemed all but finished facing a 4th down and 18, but a deep pass tipped up by Georgia Safety Josh Harvey-Clemons landed in the hands of a sprinting Tiger WR Ricardo Louis for a 73 yard TD reception. AU won 43-48, but not without one last incomplete pass from Aaron Murray on the Auburn 20 yard line as time expired. Tiger RB Tre Mason carried the ball 27 times for 115 yards and a TD.
Kentucky @ Vanderbilt: Vandy wins 22-6. With the win, the Commodores will go to a bowl game for the 3rd year in a row. This feat has never been accomplished in Vanderbilt history. Behind steady QB play and Commodores WR Jordan Matthews 141 receiving yards on 12 catches, Vandy secured the win and still has a shot to win 9 games for the second straight season.
#1 Alabama @ Mississippi St.: A sloppy Bama team won in Starkville 20-7. Bama had 4 turnovers, with 2 of those coming from QB AJ McCarron INT’s. The lone bright spot for the Crimson Tide was RB T.J. Yeldon’s 160 rushing yards.
Ole Miss vs. Troy: Mississippi pounced on Troy 51-21, setting a school record for total offensive yards (751). Rebels QB Bo Wallace threw 3 TD passes with 2 of them going to WR Laquon Treadwell.
SEC Power Poll (Week 12)
1. Alabama (10-0, 7-0) – play sloppy, win by 13.
2. Auburn (10-1, 6-1) – has all the momentum but will soon roll into a tide.
3. Missouri (9-1, 5-1) – win and you’re in.
4. Texas A&M (8-2, 4-2) – has a chance to win 11 games.
5. South Carolina (8-2, 6-2) – will be rooting for Ole Miss.
6. Ole Miss (7-3, 3-3) – Bowl bids are up for stake this week.
7. Georgia (6-4, 4-3) – tough way to lose.
8. LSU (7-3, 3-3) – the Heisman Trophy winner is coming to town.
9. Vanderbilt (6-4, 3-4) – Give James Franklin some credit.
10. Florida (4-6, 3-5) – new QB, same results.
11. Mississippi St. (4-6, 1-5) – Mullen had his boys ready for Bama.
12. Tennessee (4-6, 1-5) – had a week to prepare for rival Vandy.
13. Arkansas (3-7, 0-6) – Bielema and hogs still searching for first SEC win.
14. Kentucky (2-8, 0-6) – Can’t have a turnover margin of 4 and win a game.
Aaron Dougherty is the SEC Football Beat Writer for All Sports Talk. Follow him on Twitter @adougherty689
- All I want for Christmas is a College Football Coach - November 30, 2015
- Let’s Go Racing! - February 23, 2014
- ACC Basketball Mid-Season Report Cards - February 8, 2014