Florida vs. Vanderbilt: For the first time since 1945, the Commodores beat the Gators in Gainesville 34-17. The Gators 4 turnovers were all Vandy needed to secure the big road win. Commodores RB Jerron Seymour ended the day with 3 TD runs.
Georgia vs. Appalachian St.: Only up 14-6 at the half, the Dawgs wake up in the second half to finish off the Mountaineers 45-6. QB Aaron Murray threw 2 TD passes, setting a new SEC record for TD passes. Dawgs WR Rantvious Wooten finished with 104 receiving yards and 1 TD reception.
Kentucky vs. #9 Missouri: The Tigers dominate the Cats 48-17 behind 4 TD catches from WR Dorial Green-Beckham (DGB). DGB finished the game with 7 receptions for 100 yards. The Tiger defense recorded 7 sacks and recovered 1 fumble. Tigers RB Henry Josey also ran for 113 yards and 2 TD’s.
Tennessee vs. #7 Auburn: Auburn wins 55-23 as QB Nick Marshall runs for 214 yards and 2 TD’s. Special teams play was also big for the Tigers as they scored a TD on a punt return and a kickoff return. Auburn kept the foot on the gas pedal as RB Tre Mason ran for another 117 yards and 3 TD’s. RB Rajion Neal gained 124 yards on the ground and had 1 TD run for the Vols.
#1 Alabama vs. #10 LSU: SEC Game of the Week! This primetime matchup stayed close for 2 ½ quarters. Tied at 17 all in the 3rd quarter, Bama went on a 17-0 run to blow open the game and win 38-17. Bama Coach Nick Saban said the 2cd half was the best football Bama has played all year. Bama RB TJ Yeldon scored on 2 TD runs in the 2cd half and finished with 133 yards on 25 carries. Crimson Tide QB AJ McCarron threw for another 3 TD’s.
Arkansas @ Ole Miss: The Rebels get to 6 wins with a 34-24 victory over the Hogs. Rebels QB Bo Wallace threw for 407 yards and 3 TD passes. Rebels WR Donte Moncrief had 7 receptions for 149 yards and 1 TD.
Mississippi St. @ #11 Texas A&M: Aggie QB Johnny Manziel does it again this time throwing for 446 yards and 5 TD passes as the Aggies hold off the Bulldogs 51-41 at Kyle Field. Johnny Football showed out in what might have been his home game as an Aggie. Bulldogs QB Dak Prescott also had a nice performance running for 154 yards and throwing for another 149 yards and 2 TD passes.
SEC Power Poll (Week 11)
1. Alabama (9-0, 6-0) – Was it just me or did TE O.J. Howard look like Forrest Gump?
2. Auburn (9-1, 5-1) – This team has a lot of strengths.
3. Missouri (9-1, 5-1) – In great position to make a SEC championship game.
4. Texas A&M (8-2, 4-2) – Has a bye week and 2 tough road games ahead.
5. Georgia (6-3, 4-2) – Can’t afford a slow start at Auburn.
6. LSU (7-3, 3-3) – Physical football isn’t enough vs. Bama.
7. South Carolina (7-2, 5-2) – Gators come to town after a bye week.
8. Ole Miss (6-3, 3-3) – Bo Knows the QB position.
9. Vanderbilt (5-4, 2-4) – Nearly 70 years have gone by since Vandy won in Gainesville.
10. Florida (4-5, 3-4) – May not go bowling for the first time in 23 years.
11. Mississippi St. (4-5, 1-4) – Team has shown improvement and doesn’t give up.
12. Tennessee (4-6, 1-5) – Hard to believe this team could still earn a bowl bid.
13. Arkansas (3-7, 0-6) – Bielema and his boys keep fighting.
14. Kentucky (2-7, 0-5) – Bummer – Gain more 1st downs than the opposition and lose by 31.
- All I want for Christmas is a College Football Coach - November 30, 2015
- Let’s Go Racing! - February 23, 2014
- ACC Basketball Mid-Season Report Cards - February 8, 2014